Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thing # 23


Well in has been a really interesting trip down the rabbit hole, and I always felt that the white rabbit was right behind me the whole time muttering :I'm late, I'm late for a very important date!" But as I look back on the journey, I am amazed at what I have learned, and what I have acomplised in such a short time.
I can create Web 2.0 products, not just understand what they are, and I actually have opinions about them. I also found that I was using some of the technology, but didn't recognize their "Tags" . All in all it was a very worthwhile journey.
The highlights are these:
Big Huge Labs. What a wonderful tool and so convenient. With the links on this site, I can make interesting and professional presentations, as can my students. I am a firm believer that if I can do it, they can do it so much better and faster, so I share my new learning as quickly as I can.
Wikipedia. I had only heard negative things about this site in my district, and since it is blocked, have never explored it before. That mistake as been taken care of now.
SEOmoz's Winners. This is a great place to check out the best of 2.0 and make my own choices. I love to shop so this is a natural choice for me.
Commoncraft. com. This site is a great refresher for me and a teaching to when I get back to campus. Staff and students alike will see these great videos.
YouTube. No longer a mystery to use & find some great videos both serious and hilarious!
TeacherTube. Not to be forgotten. I used this early on in my vidio hunting experiences. For some reason I didn't feel as intimidated by it and it had some great kid created products in the contents I needed. So never forget the TTube!
Biblio.com. A place I can find the out of print books ect. I am always looking for some oldies but goodies for the hard to please staffers.
Technorati. If for no other reason than to keep on the cutting edge of what is going on I feel I need to have their RRS feed handy.

Which brings me to the Wikis, podcast, RRS feeds and blogs that I have created, and added as well as enjoyed. My level of self-confidence is quite good now, and I won't hesitate to keep practicing and honing them in my future library home. I mentioned going to the Houston downtown library and I am still inspired by what I saw there. Libraries of the future are going to be amazing, and I want to be an active participant in that process!
I am thrilled to be able to say that I have completed the 23 things!!!

2 comments:

  1. I loved your comparison of the 23 Things to Alice in Wonderland. It really did feel like something new and surprising at every turn! Congratulations in making it back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks I know that this pace made everyone crazy, but I think I would have been the great procrastinator had I not done it this way.

    ReplyDelete