Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thing # 12

I found myself in a steep learning curve when I got to thing #12. I had assumed that blogging was kind of like thinking out loud. I had not considered the whole concept from the perspective of the audience. I have not tried to hyper link as the html is rather intimidating to me, but I intend to attempt it in the next few days to come back and link to some of the sites I am mentioning here.
I am going to look into CoComment in more depth. It looks very interesting and I do use FireFox as my browser.
As I went into How to invite comments, I thought to myself that this would create a responsibility in me to respoint to all the comments. I was relieved to read that not every one feels the compulsion to respond [10% did seem quite minimal]. I know that my strength is open ended comments, so I am going to throw a few of those out there, and see what happens.
I like the idea of a community in cyber space. Much of the social judging that we do in face to face interaction has strong overtones of our social, religious, economical and educational background. I wonder how much of this is picked up in blogs.

Oh, I have a question in all of this is: is there such thing as too much .... in this process? AND what about the voyeurs... where do they fit in?

No comments:

Post a Comment